2021 Chip Seal Begins Mon. Aug. 23
Chip-sealing is a cost-effective way to extend the life of asphalt streets between more expensive overlays. The process consists of the application of rapid curing polymerized asphalt oil which is covered by quartzite chips. The chip seal oil protects the existing asphalt overlay surface by sealing small cracks and voids. The quartzite chip layer also reduces the sun’s UV effects on the surface. A large portion of the 2021 project will take place on roads located in an area west of North Dakota Street, south of Cherry Street, east of Stanford Street and north of Main Street. Click here to view a map of the 2021 Chip Seal project.
The 2021 Chip-sealing project will take place Monday - Tuesday, August 23 - 24. In the case of inclement weather, work will take place the following day.
Do not park any vehicles on the street from 7 a.m. until dark. (Work should be completed within the same day.) Thank you for your cooperation.
- Adams Street | Cedar Street: from Carr Street to N. Dakota Street
- Clark Street: from Stanford Street to Hall Street, and from Franklin Street to Elm Street
- Crestview Drive: from Catalina Avenue to Norbeck Street
- Dartmouth Street: from Carr Street to Franklin Street, and west of Carr Street to end
- Lewis Street: from Catalina Avenue to Plum Street
- Catalina Avenue: from Eastgate Drive to Valley View Drive
- Elm Street: from Dartmouth Street to Cherry Street
- Franklin Street: from Main Street to Princeton Street
- Hall Street: from Main Street to Clark Street
- Lincoln Street: from Adams Street to Jefferson Street
- Madison Street: from Plum Street to Prentis Street
- University Street: from Cherry Street to Taylor Street
- Walnut Street: from Main Street to Dartmouth Street
- Plum Street: from Cherry Street to Duke Street
- Washington Street: from Main Street to Dartmouth Street
Please contact the Engineering Department
if you have any questions - 605-677-7050